This is my journey of healthy living. For years I have yo-yo’d with my weight. Then battled with being a foodie and my culture. For those who are not familiar with Filipino culture, it’s all about being skinny. Living in America, we do live a life of luxury compared to those in the Philippines. So I’m USA Grade!
I am curvy and maybe too curvy in some spots for my culture. Nonetheless, I do beleive in being healthier and at my age it is necessary to make healthier choices. I don’t believe in diets, I feel like food is bad. Diets just leave me feeling guilty which doesn’t give me a good feeling. Like I said earlier, I want to do things that make me feel good.
I am having fun with plating my dishes I make for me. I truly enjoy that part of cooking. To make my food visually appealing is so much fun for me. When I finally sit down, I feel proud of what I have before me. I feel I am honoring myself by taking great joy in making my plate look beautiful.
There’s more I need to do than just plating food. This year is going to be a great year for changes. It’s been a great year foe me already and we are at the half way mark of June.
This year, I decided to do something different! Iam choosing to associate feeling good with what I am accomplishing. I had to change my mindset for this to work on my terms. It was resetting my neuro pathways to my association to my health and my goals. The goal, being to be healthier. So I made a few changes and stir things up.
- I signed up for the Marathon in Honolulu on Dec. 13, 2015. I know I can do this!
- Cooking at home allows me to control of ingredients.
- Salad with my lunch and dinners or salad alone as a meal. Always make my own dressing.
- Plating my food to make it feel like I am at a restaurant. I love it whenever I plate my food I feel like I’m being good to me.
- Moving my body by signing up for The Bar Method, walking and starting to walk/jog. baby steps, right?!
- Being grateful every morning I am listing off what I am grateful for in my life, I have my prayers and receive all the love God has for me.
This is where I will record my journey. So feel free to follow along.
Let me know what you do and if you have any tips to share, please comment below.